Introduction to flying – beloved Gran was waved goodbye ceremoniously…………………. after a grand tour of the Seats, Lounge (economy class!!!! – 1970’s) and through the Cockpit.
Have you ever……!!! – those days all Pilots were Men – however did the name derive one wonders.
…… remember the days when we would gather on the balcony of an Airport and wave goodbye to the passenger. All misty eyed and excited!. There would be a code – a bright red handkerchief perhaps, waving North, South, West, East……. YESSSS, thats my Gran 🙂
* 15 minutes after the take off an engine falls off and an emergency landing safely brought Gran back.
* A few uneventful comfortable flights for my family and me followed.
* Then the introduction of real “Economy Class” enters the world. Mauritius here we come ….
First Elephant – I was stricken by Food Poisoning. In a gulping heap, green, buckled into my seat.
The passenger next to me had BO, was a foreigner who burped after Starters…….. making me kinda feel like that nappy changing viral video a while back,.
The Main course was chicken-a-la-a-terrifying…. so much scratching and pecking went on around that plate…. for a while I thought it was still alive. Followed by more clucking and burping.
By then the pale shade of green had turned to deathly white and I was moved – phew.
* Next Flight, destination Malaysia, I was seated next to Mr Halitosis Feet…… which were picked and fiddled with, nails clipped….. oooo revolting. Toe Jam encounter with the wild!
* Next flight – destination London…. woo hoo.
Never mind the Elephant on this Journey – Mr Wild Dog with Rabies was sitting at the window of a row of 3.
This fellow was so excited, must’ve eaten all the sweets before boarding the flight. Oh My Word!!! Perhaps he was the Ambassador to Duracel Batteries…… but this was not normal behaviour.
He was so excited to be going to London to run The London Marathon. We were convinced he had heard the starting gun already ass he climbed the Staircase.
On about the 10th leaping over us “event” ….. I pretended to fall FAST asleep across his seat.
Maybe someone spiked his coffee or
…. he must’ve found another kindred spirit Wild Dog because he never returned.
You know that feeling when something flies into ones eye – and even though it is weeny tiny ….. it feels like an Elephant!? Air Travel does the same to ones psyche don’t you agree.
Our Revoir mon amie – more Trumpeting another Day.